ADWAN's 25th Anniversary Charity Gala, December 2, 2023
Updated: Nov 6
Invitation to ADWAN's Silver Jubilee Charity Gala on December 2, 2023 हार्दिक निमन्त्रणा !
We are thrilled to invite you to ADWAN's historic Silver Jubilee Charity Gala, an event that celebrates 25 years of dedicated service towards creating a more just and equal society for Dalits, marginalized girls and women of Nepal.
The gala will be held on December 2nd in Jersey City, NJ, and your gracious presence and support, either in person or virtually, would mean the world to us. Join us as we celebrate our achievements and look forward to a future where everyone is given a fair chance to succeed. There will be a silent auction, stories from the field, and much more.
Our mission to empower and better the lives of marginalized girls and women of the Dalit (untouchable) caste in Nepal, has grown from one small savings and loan group in an isolated rural mountain village to impacting the lives of over 150,000 individuals throughout Nepal.
Highlights of ADWAN’s first 25 years include:
-Creation and support of ADWAN Women’s Groups, in three distinct areas of rural Nepal, engaged in a variety of self-sustaining, economically viable activities.
-Educational support for Dalit and marginalized girls through purchase of school uniforms, payment of school fees, and learning support.
-Training and practice in leadership, decision making, and running a successful business for members of the women’s groups.
-Training and practice in specific skills like mushroom, vegetable, and flower farming.
-A new USAID funded project to produce and distribute sanitary pads to rural populations including through partnerships with local schools and increased awareness and education around hygiene and women’s health.
Learn about these successes and much more at the gala as we hear the stories of these resilient women who are the true agents of their own change, transforming their lives and communities by replacing deeply ingrained social ills such as caste-based discriminations, gender-based violence, and illiteracy with newfound dignity and self-determination.
We invite you to be a part of this inspiring journey. Your support has the power to transform lives and create a promising future for these determined rural women. Through your donation and participation in this gala event, you will be contributing to a world where hope prevails, and equality thrives.
Together, let's make a difference in the lives of marginalized communities and pave the way for a more compassionate world.
Kindly RSVP by November 30, 2023 to register <https://www.friendsofadwannepal.org/.../adwans-25th...> to attend, either in person or virtually. If you elect to participate virtually you will be sent a link to access the program. A link to a recording of the event will be sent to all registered participants.
When you become a Sponsor, you're benefiting our following programs:
1. Platinum sponsorship $5,000+ help fund for livelihood trainings to ADWAN's Women Groups and their families. (Know more about our livelihood trainings: https://www.adwannepal.org/livelihood)
2. Gold sponsorship $2,500+ help fund for advocacy trainings to members of ADWAN's Women Groups. (Know more about our advocacy services: https://www.adwannepal.org/advocacy)
3. Silver sponsorship $1,000+ help fund for educational programs including scholarships, literacy programs, and child care services. (Know more about our education services: https://www.adwannepal.org/education)
4. Supporter sponsorship $500+ help fund for rights based programs. (Know more about our education services: https://www.adwannepal.org/rights)
5. Suggested donation $100+ help fund for ADWAN's various programs including strengthening the organization. (Know more about our services: https://www.adwannepal.org/what-we-do)
6. Gala Door ticket $50 help fund celebrate ADWAN's Silver Jubilee programs, reach out to well-wishers and sponsors. (Know more about ADWAN's Silver Jubilee programs and its milestones: https://www.adwannepal.org/what-we-do)
For event location, donation details and further information, please visit our website at: https://www.adwannepal.org/charity-gala
Thank you for your unwavering support. Together, we can create lasting change and build a society where every voice is heard and every dream is attainable.
Dr. Bishnu Maya Pariyar, MA, Hon. DLitt.
President, Friends of ADWAN Nepal (USA) Founding President and Chief Patron, ADWAN (Association for Dalit Women’s Advancement of Nepal) www.adwannepal.org
To donate for a cause, visit: https://www.friendsofadwannepal.org/donate